Family Wellbeing Fund Fact Sheet For Parenting Bloggers
We know that there is always a long list of things that we all want to do but somehow never quite get around to doing. We hope that the fund can help you and your family connect through days out, learning new skills or just ticking one of those slippery things off your to do list.
We hope that your creative ideas will inspire other families to go out and do the same and add to their own family's wellbeing.
Actimel have split the year up into 6 categories to allow families to focus on different parts of family life. Our categories are EAT, PLAY, CONNECT, MOVE, LEARN & GIVE.
We will be releasing money throughout the year across each.
How to Apply
We aren't asking you to 'blog to enter' but simply write up an idea that you feel passionate about and that will benefit the whole family. Send us an email with your written submission. Make the idea clear and descriptive and no more then 200 words. Get your thinking cap on and get in touch. Send your entry idea to email@example.com
A panel from Actimel will judge each submission based on relevance to the category and how much it benefits the whole family's wellbeing. Successful candidates will be notified via email. Actimel asks that all successful applicants document their activity through blog posts and social media posts too.
Here are further details on each category and some example submissions:
EAT - This is all about the food you eat and how you eat it. Consuming the right foods at the right time with the right people is the recipe for success in this category.
Example submission - Funding towards creating a vegetable patch in the garden with the family.
Funding - 01.01.13 - Closes Feb 11th
PLAY - A family that plays together, stays together. From board games to museum trips and everything in between. Fun, stimulating activities are the name of the game here.
Example submission - Funding towards a family trip to a museum over the holidays.
Funding Opens March 1st - Closes March 29th
CONNECT - Chat, debate, discuss, laugh and cry - it's all healthy. It doesn't matter what's said, the valuable thing is that something is said.
Example submission - Funding towards basic French lessons so the family can speak to friends or family in Paris over the phone.
Funding Opens May 1st – Closes May 24th
MOVE - A good family dynamic comes from being a dynamic family. Doing active things together is great for bonding, improving both physical and emotional health. If you're on the move as a family, then you're probably heading in the right direction.
Example submission - Funding for entry to a family 10km run.
Funding Opens July 1st - Closes July 26th
LEARN - This is all about growing together. Setting new challenges and developing new skills. Finding fun ways to tackle homework, taking swimming lessons, cookery courses or learning a new instrument together all ensure your family stays in tune.
Example submission - Funding towards cookery classes for the family.
Funding Opens September 2nd – Closes September 27th
GIVE - The most simple really - it's all about being nice to your family and others. By adopting a generosity of spirit with people you will inadvertently become a happier person and make those around you happier too. One good deed leads to another.
Example submission - Funding towards hiring a mini bus to take the local scout group to their 5-a-side tournament.
Funding Opens November 4th - Closes 29th November
But we want your ideas. We want you to rack your brains and be as creative as you can. And remember small, smart, simple steps is what our Family Wellbeing Index is all about. Please read through the below T&C's carefully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - FAMILY WELLBEING INDEX BLOGGER FUND
A participant's entry into the Family Wellbeing Index Blogger Fund promotion is subject to these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, who are parenting bloggers (blogging around or about the themes of family life and/or parenting), excluding employees and their immediate families of Danone Ltd, its associated companies, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter, e-mail us with your family wellbeing activity suggestion, no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Example ideas could be:
- Eat domain/theme: Funding towards creating a vegetable patch in the garden with the family.
- Play domain/theme: Funding towards a family trip to a museum over the holidays.
- Connect domain/theme: Funding towards basic French lessons so the family can speak to friends or family in Paris over the phone.
- Move domain/theme: Funding for entry to a family 10K run.
- Learn domain/theme: Funding towards cookery classes for the family.
- The promotion is open for the following dates and times for each domain/theme. Entries outside of these dates and times will not be accepted:
- Eat Fund Start Date: 01.01.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 11.02.13 (10.00PM)
- Play Fund Start Date: 01.03.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 29.03.13 (10.00PM)
- Connect Fund Start Date: 01.05.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 24.05.13 (10.00PM)
- Move Fund Start Date: 01.07.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 26.07.13 (10.00PM)
- Learn Fund Start Date: 02.09.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 27.09.13 (10.00PM)
- Give Fund Start Date: 04.11.13 (10.00AM) Closing Date: 29.11.13 (10.00PM)
- Judging will take place and each suggestion will be judged based on how relevant and appropriate to the domain/theme and how it benefits the whole family's wellbeing. The winners will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- There will be up to four winners per domain/theme and winners will be notified via the email address submitted at entry. Non successful candidates will also be notified via the email address submitted at entry.
- As part of the prize, we would like winners to blog about their funded Family Wellbeing activity and experience, also sharing this blog post in their social spaces such as Facebook and Twitter. Before posting, we will provide guidance on how to meet necessary requirements.
- All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person allowed per domain. No bulk or third party entries.
- We will help fund your activity by providing what is necessary to put into practice your experience. For example, for a family trip to a museum over the holidays we will purchase relevant tickets and send them to you.
- No cash alternative is available.
- Prizes are not transferrable.
- If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award as substitute a prize of equal or higher value. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion in wholly exceptional circumstances outside its control.
- Illegible, incomplete, incorrectly completed or late entries and defective entries will not be accepted. Responsibility cannot be accepted for lost, damaged or delayed entries.
- The names and counties of the winners will be available until 6 months after the closing date by sending in a stamped self addressed envelope to the promoter at 'Family Wellbeing Fund c/o Actimel', Danone Ltd, 3rd Floor, International House, London, W5 5DW.'
- To the fullest extent allowed by law, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any loss or injury resulting from prize acceptance. This does not affect any statutory rights.
- The Promoter's decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter takes its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 seriously. All information collected as part of this promotion is collected by the Promoter, or its agents, and will not be disclosed to any third parties and will only be used for the purposes of administering this promotion.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: Danone Ltd, 3rd Floor, International House, London, W5 5DW.